Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas wrap-up: Christmas Eve


I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas, I know we did! I have so many pictures I am going to divide my Christmas wrap-up in two posts. The night before Christmas Eve Michael and I exchanged gifts. We did some little things before Christmas for the 12 days of Christmas but then we decided to make a big purchase for both of us for Christmas. We bought an elliptical! We bought the Sole E95 elliptical machine and I'm really excited! I'm excited to have another option for working out in the morning and even more excited that Michael got a machine he likes to use. It should be here this week, I can't wait to take it for a spin!


Of course Michael always has to surprise me. He bought me a new camera! I have been wanting to upgrade my camera for a while and found the model I wanted but it has been sold out everywhere. Leave it to Michael to find it in stock somewhere! I was totally floored, but so excited! He gave it to me before Christmas Eve because he knew I would want to take pictures on Christmas Eve. I have the best husband!

My new Nikon D7000!

On Christmas Eve we were up early and got ready, I loaded the car up with all the gifts and we headed down to my Mom and Dad's. We helped them finish getting everything set-up for our big family celebration that night. We had some lunch and then we all sat down to exchange gifts with each other. We had a lot of fun as always and we got tons of great gifts too!

 Arla decorated Michael's cane so it was festive!

The puppies always go first so they have a rawhide to chew on

Arla and Teddy went next - they are opening their stocking stuffers here

Arla opened one of our gifts and look what was hidden inside - our annual earring exchange!

One of their favorites, the matching hydrangea plates for their dishes

What is this giant present?

They both finally realized what it was - rocking chairs for their front porch!

Some new clothes


Teddy and Arla

Michael and I were up next

A new ornament for our tree!

I got my new EA Active 2

Trying out the heart rate arm monitor

 We got the awesome pasta attachment for our Kitchen Aid from Arla and Teddy

I can't wait to try out some of these cupcakes!

We got lots of other gifts but they saved the best for last. A little background on this first so you don't think we're crazy! Michael was dragging his feet in giving his Christmas list to my Mom and he kept being nagged about it by me, my Mom and my sister. He thought he'd be funny by slipping in a link to something totally ridiculous, like this. Little did he know that they would actually buy it for him, just to spite him. His reaction was priceless! LOL!

What is this?

 OMG!

 LOL, we died laughing!!

After Michael and I it was Mom and Dad's turn to open up gifts. Mom was up first.

 Arla and Teddy got her a mini version of their wedding album - she loved it!

Dad loved it too!

 Next she opened the calendar I make for her every year with family pictures

She loved it!
 What is this?

Yay, finally after all these years, she got her Kitchen Aid!

She also got the pasta maker so she can make some more ravioli!

 Pappy was up next, Watson helped!

New fishing hat and t-shirt. The t-shirt says, "Don't Bobber Me!"

A new framed Wheaties box for his Dale Earnhardt collection

3 new train cars? Yes!

Checking out his new train cars

One of his new train cars - a Jiminy Cricket tanker car

After we opened all of our gifts, it was time to get the ribs cut up and sauced for dinner. We got everything ready to go and then we took some family pictures. It seems like the only time we take pictures with the 6 of us, it's at a wedding. So I thought it would be fun to set up my tripod and take some pictures.

 Saucing up the ribs

Yum!

 I had to show you my parent's Christmas village - this isn't even everything they have either!




We relaxed for a while and then the rest of our family started to arrive. All my aunts, uncles and cousins and their kids came. It was a full house, almost everyone was there, it was a lot of fun! It was snowing like crazy too, definitely a white Christmas!

The snow was really coming down

After we ate a delicious Christmas dinner, we went downstairs to open presents, do our Christmas grab bag and sing the 12 days of Christmas.

 Everyone waiting for the present opening to start

Andrea and cute Carter

Cade and Colin opening their gift, a street hockey goal!

Michael and I got an awesome new house for our Christmas village from my aunts and uncles, it's adorable!

It's the snowman supply shop, the shop is in the shape of a top hat and it has all the necessary items for building a snowman outside, carrots, coal, brooms, etc. We love it!

Lit up at night

After everyone opened their gifts, we did our grab bag and then sang the 12 days of Christmas. Then it was time for dessert and to sing Happy Birthday to the December birthdays!

Cade and Abi, we also sang to Brenna

After dessert most people started leaving because they had to get their kids home so Santa could come! We stayed around a little while longer and then packed up and headed home. It had snowed quite a bit so we wanted to get on the road sooner rather than later. We had such a fun day with our family, it was a great way to start celebrating our Christmas! We were excited to get up and do it all over again with Michael's family. Our Christmas Day recap coming tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment