Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend! On Friday I worked from home, which I ended up doing most of the week because of the snow. Work was really busy so the day flew by and then it was time for my doctor's appointment. I was meeting with my doctor to have an ultrasound to see if the fertility drug, Clomid, I am on is working. We got great news and found out that the Clomid is working and we got to see the results with a little egg right in front of our eyes. It was awesome! I got a shot of hcg, which will make me ovulate and we could know in 2 weeks if we're pregnant or not! Even if we don't get pregnant this month, it was just nice to get some positive news that we are on the right track. I left feeling very hopeful, which was nice for a change. We went out to celebrate with a date night at Sushi Bar.


We came home and watched our favorite Friday night shows, Gold Rush Alaska and Flying Wild on Discovery and just relaxed before calling it a night.

On Saturday, we got up and went to breakfast and then ran some errands. Michael needed to do some work fixing drills so I did some baking. I want to make Valentine's Day cake pops next weekend so I made my cake, added the frosting, formed the hearts and put them in the freezer.


They'll be ready for their chocolate dipping and decorating next weekend. They will look like the picture below but on a stick! Gotta love Bakerella. I will be sure to post pictures of the finished product when I dip and decorate them next weekend.


The rest of Saturday, I did some cleaning and laundry and we just relaxed for the most part. It was nice. We also watched a movie we picked up at Red Box. We watched Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, the sequel to Wall Street. It was okay, definitely not as good as the original.


Today of course was Super Bowl Sunday! We got up early and went to breakfast and then headed to the grocery store to pick up fixings for the yummy food we were going to make for the big game. Arla and Teddy were hosting this year. We made a sub sandwich, buffalo chicken dip and a new recipe, hot reuben dip. I wanted to try the hot reuben dip as a test run for a possible new menu item at Oktoberfest! The hot reuben dip turned out really well, it was a hit, so I think it will be making it's way onto our menu this year.

 Putting out the spread

Mom making tomato, garlic and basil pizzas

Hot reuben dip

Lots and lots of food

Sub sandwich for halftime

Flirty cupcakes for dessert!

We had a great time visiting with everyone and eating lots of delicious food. I thought the game was pretty good and there were some funny commercials. We also won $50 in a squares pool so all in all, it was a great way to end our weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment