Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekend Recap

The last snowy weekend of February is in the books. I am hoping that March will bring lots of sunshine and warmer temperatures. We had a really nice weekend. On Friday I worked from home and wrapped up early so we could head up to Michael's Aunt and Uncle's house to celebrate his cousin Paul's birthday. We had some yummy lasagna for dinner and visited with everyone. Jacob didn't get to have lasagna for dinner, he was stuck with some applesauce that he wasn't too sure of! I got some pretty funny pictures of the faces he was making.


After dinner we hung out with everyone for a little while longer and Skyped with Michael's cousin Anthony who is a Marine in San Diego. We headed home and crashed after a long day.

On Saturday we got up and met up Rich, Tif, Baby Jacob, Ken and Michael's parents for breakfast. We had a yummy breakfast and took turns passing Jacob around like a hot potato. Rich got the cutest picture ever of Michael and a sleepy Jacob.


After breakfast, Michael dropped me off at the salon for my hair appointment. I really needed to get my hair colored. I kept putting off and then I had to wait and see if I was pregnant to make sure I didn't dye my hair. Now, I'm good for another 3 months. After the salon, we just hung out for a little bit before heading out to Oak Brook mall to do some shopping. I have had so many gift cards burning a hole in my pocket from Christmas. Now that all the spring items are in the stores, I thought it would be the perfect time to get to spend some of them. I also had some good coupons that were expiring that I wanted to use. I got some kitchen items from Crate and Barrel, some new eyeshadow from MAC, and a beautiful butter colored leather bag from Coach.



After the mall we headed down the street to Lombard and I went to Charming Charlie and Forever21. I picked up a bunch of cute accessories for Spring from Charming Charlie and some cute new Spring tops from Forever 21.



After our shopping extravaganza, we met up with Rich, Tif, Baby Jacob and Ken for dinner at Flattop. We had a yummy dinner as always. Jacob enjoyed eating his place mat, HA!


After dinner we headed home and just snuggled up on the couch for awhile and then headed to bed. Today we got up and went to breakfast and then grocery shopping. We came home and got some things done around the house like cleaning and laundry. I also needed to box up the Valentine's decorations I took down last weekend. I got them all put away and set up a new tablescape.


After finishing up with the cleaning, I headed out to get a manicure/pedicure. It was nice and relaxing.


For Sunday dinner, Michael made his famous bacon wrapped pork tenderloin medallions and they were yummy as always.


We are just enjoying the last few hours of our weekend relaxing before our busy week ahead. The Oscars are on tonight but I'm not sure if we're going to watch. My favorite part is watching the red carpet arrivals! I hope all of you had a great weekend and a good week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment