Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend recap will be pretty short and sweet. We had a nice, relaxing weekend. On Friday I worked from home and we just laid low on Friday night. I made some yummy baked mostaccioli for dinner and we just cuddled up on the coach and watched some TV.


On Saturday we got up and met Rich, Tif, Jacob, Ken and Michael's parents for breakfast. We had a yummy breakfast and sat and talked. After breakfast we headed home for awhile before heading out again to run some errands. We went to CostCo and a few other places. My parents came over in the afternoon to hang out for awhile before we headed to dinner at Benihana. My parents had never been there and we've been telling them they needed to go for a while since they love the Teppanyaki type of food. We had a lot of fun and the food was delicious as always.




After dinner we headed back to our house to just hangout for a while. We watched the Blackhawks win their eighth straight! We also had some yummy chocolate cake that my Mom made. My parents headed home after the game and Michael and I crashed. 

Today we got up and went to breakfast and headed to Whole Foods to do our grocery shopping for the week. After grocery shopping, I headed to the salon to get my manicure. I tried one of the new no-chip manicures by OPI called axxium. It is supposed to last 2-3 weeks. I am pretty hard on my nails and my regular manicures usually only last 5 days tops so I'm hoping this actually lasts as long as it claims. 


The rest of Sunday, we have just relaxed and done a few things around the house. For Sunday dinner we fired up the grill and made some bbq baby back ribs. It was nice to have something that makes us think of summer coming, even if it's only 32 degrees out! 



So that was our low-key weekend. It's been nice to not have a whole lot going on lately. We have some fun events coming up though. We have Ken's birthday, Pierogi Fest, My Mom's birthday, Tif's birthday and even our vacation is getting closer! Only 66 more days! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment