Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend went by way too fast. It was pretty relaxing but I could definitely use another day off! On Friday I worked from home which was nice as always. Michael came home and we decided to go out for dinner. We haven't been out much since we started our diet, so we decided to splurge a little bit and go get some sushi.



We had some really yummy rolls and enjoyed our date night. After dinner we headed home and just relaxed. 

On Saturday we got up and went to breakfast with Rich and Ken. After breakfast we headed down to my parent's house to see my Mom. My Dad is fishing for a few days so we thought we would go down and see her for the day. We planned on doing some fun shopping and going to dinner. We went to a few fun boutiques and Target and Home Goods. I found some really cute Easter decorations. 


We went to dinner at one of our favorite places, Trattoria Tazza. We had a super yummy meal, but it was definitely a splurge on our diet. I had a super yummy chicken dish called Pistachio Chicken with a creamy pesto sauce. It was so good!
After dinner we headed home. We just relaxed and watched the Hawks game before crashing for the night.

Today we got up, made some breakfast and then headed out to CostCo and the grocery store to do our grocery shopping for the week. After grocery shopping we headed home and I started putting up my Easter decorations. Our cleaning lady is coming on Tuesday so I wanted to wait but I have to go out of town next weekend so I knew it wouldn't happen if I waited. We just relaxed most of the afternoon and watched some movies we rented from Redbox. We rented Megamind and Grown-Ups.


I thought Megamind was pretty good. Personally, I liked Despicable Me better, but it did have some funny parts and had a good story overall.


Grown Ups was exactly what you would expect with Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, David Spade, Kevin James and Rob Schneider in the starring roles. It was really funny; we laughed out loud many times.

For dinner we headed over to Michael's parents. Michael's Mom made some yummy ribs and we got to see Rich, Tif, Jacob and Grandma. We had a yummy dinner and had fun playing and laughing at Jacob. We hung out for a little while and then headed home. We are just watching some TV and getting ready for the week ahead. I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment