Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

Whew, I'm exhausted! I feel like we ran a marathon in the past 4 days. It started on Thursday when Porkchop went in for a dental cleaning but ended up getting 15 teeth pulled! We were shocked to say the least. We were really worried how much pain he would be in and how he would react. When I picked him up he was still pretty groggy from the anesthesia but was very happy to see me! I brought him home and he pretty much slept the rest of the day.


Amazingly, he didn't seem to be in much pain since he didn't whimper or cry at all. He just wanted to be close to me or cuddle up in my lap. 

Luckily I worked from home on Friday so I could watch him and didn't have to worry about him being alone. He was himself on Friday, just sleepy from the medicines. Friday night we went out to celebrate Tif's birthday. We met up with everyone at Greek Islands one of Tif's favorite restaurants. Michael and I had never been there before but it was really good. I had some yummy porkchops and Michael had the gyros. We also had the famous saganaki. I never had it before and I tried to take a picture of them setting it on fire at least 10 times but I only get a picture of the flames dieing down.


 After dinner we just came home and relaxed and watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.

On Saturday we met up with everyone for breakfast. Jacob was cute and entertaining as always!

And this is when I stopped taking photos the rest of the weekend! After breakfast we ran some errands and then headed home. We just relaxed in the afternoon and even got a nap in! We met out Rich, Tif, Jacob and Ken at Flattop Grill in Lombard. We had a yummy dinner and then headed over to Rich and Tif's to hangout after dinner.

Today we got up and had breakfast and did our grocery shopping for the week. After grocery shopping we came home and just relaxed for a bit. I finally got Michael to watch Tangled. I have been raving about it since I watched it on my way to DC a few weeks ago. He kept resisting but he finally gave in and he loved it! It is such a good movie. After the movie and some lunch we headed down to my parent's house for the day. We were getting together to celebrate my Mom's birthday and Teddy's birthday. All of us haven't been together since Super Bowl so it was nice to have all of us together. I really wish I would have taken pictures while everyone was opening gifts. Teddy and Mom opened their birthday gifts and Arla opened some gifts for Baby Lach! After gifts we had some appetizers and just talked. We went to dinner at one of our family's favorite restaurants, Mama Onesti's. We had a delicious meal. We had bruschetta, grilled calamari, salad, I had spaghetti and meatballs and Michael had veal parmesan. We capped it off with some delicious pistachio gelato. It was so good, but not so good for our diet plan, HA! After dinner we headed back to my parents to just hang out and watch the Hawks game. We packed up and headed home at the first intermission. Now we are just relaxing and getting everything ready for the week ahead. 

It was a busy, but really fun weekend. Next week is definitely going to be busy as well since its Easter! I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a quick week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment