Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekend Recap

Finally, we had nice weather on the weekend! It was a little windy, but the sun was out and it didn't rain. At this point we can't ask for much more than that. We definitely took advantage of the weather.

On Friday, I worked from home and I had an early morning doctor's appointment. I got good news at the doctor, I had 2 perfect follicles, so I got my shot. We also talked about our next steps if this month isn't successful. I can only take all of the medications for one more month before being forced to take a 3 month break to give my body a rest. So we decided that for our last month's try we will do IUI to give it our best shot. We will find out when we are in Disney if we are pregnant or not, it would be exciting to get good news while we're on vacation. But even if we're not, I'm excited we have our next steps planned. After work was done for the day, we headed over to Rich and Tif's for a barbeque. We had some burgers, dogs, brats, and pasta salad. All of the food was really yummy and we had fun just hanging out and playing with Jacob.

On Saturday, we met everyone up for breakfast. Afterwards, we were supposed to go to a family party to celebrate my cousin Jimmy's son, Austin and his communion. Unfortunately Michael had to work pretty much all day. He only has 1 more week before vacation and he has a lot to get done before we leave. While Michael was working, I worked on packing for Florida and I also took down my Easter decorations.


Michael made some good progress with work, but had a very long day. He finally quit around 6 and we got some pizza for dinner and just relaxed the rest of the night.

Today, we got up and went for breakfast and then did our grocery shopping for the week. After grocery shopping we ran a bunch of errands and went to the nursery to get our vegetables and herbs for our garden this year. We also went to Macy's since it was their friends and family discount weekend plus we had gift cards. I have been needing a new watch and I found a really cool Michael Kors one that I liked.

After we were done running around, we came home to get started on some projects. We started first with planting our garden and getting out all of our patio furniture cushions. We planted tomatoes, green onions, cucumbers, basil, rosemary, oregano, lemon thyme, and parsley.



Porkchop enjoyed being able to bask in the sun on the patio furniture cushions again. 


Speaking of Porkchop, if things haven't been exciting enough for him with getting 15 teeth pulled, he developed a weird rash on his belly. We noticed it on Saturday and it was getting worse today and he was scratching the hell out of himself. He was also starting to lose his hair in the patches where he was scratching. So I found a vet that was open on Sundays and brought him in. He has a skin infection that was most likely caused from him being on antibiotics for so long from his teeth. So he got a special shampoo and a different kind of antibiotic to help it get rid of the infection. Let's hope this is the last time he's at the vet for a while. He's been through a lot in the past few weeks.


After the vet, I came home and did some laundry and Michael and I did some things around the house. He installed a dimmer switch on our dining room chandelier and did some dishes. I made some yummy chicken parmigiana for dinner and now we are just catching up on DVR before calling it a night. We have a busy week ahead before we leave for vacation. I hope you all had a great weekend and have a good week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment