Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Weekend Recap

We have had a fabulous weekend! The weather was finally nicer, I'm actually typing this from our deck right now. On Friday I worked from home and got almost everything done that I needed to before vacation. I have just a few loose ends to tie up tomorrow and I will be good to go. Friday night was low key and we just went out for a sushi date night since we have nothing in our fridge. It was really yummy.



After dinner we came home and put on a Harry Potter movie before crashing.

On Saturday we got up and met everyone for breakfast at our usual spot. I had to soak in as much Jacob time as I could since I won't get to see him for 2 weeks! His favorite new thing is cheddar mini goldfish. He was chowing down before his pancakes arrived.


After breakfast Michael and I ran a few errands and headed home. In the afternoon I headed to my salon to get my hair colored and to get a no-chip manicure for vacation. I got my regular hair color and added a few golden highlights for summer. I really like how it came out. For my nails, I did a fun pink color!




After I was done at the salon, Michael and I grabbed some dinner and just relaxed the rest of the night.

Today we were up bright and early. We got ready and then headed out to meet Michael's family to celebrate Mother's Day. We went to Wildberry. It was delicious, Michael and I are already talking about when we can go back. We had a nice time visiting with everyone and celebrating Mother's Day with Michael's Mom. We got her some charms for a bracelet she has. I think she really liked them!



And I know Jacob really liked his goldfish and pancakes!


After breakfast I took a little family photograph for the other Mama celebrating Mother's Day, Tif. Jacob wasn't really into it, but of course he looks cute!


After breakfast we headed home to digest and relax for a bit before it was time to celebrate with my Mom. We had a special stop to make on our way to lunch though, Flirty Cupcakes! They were at the Schaumburg train station which is only a few minutes from our house so we had to stop. We haven't had them since Super Bowl so we were really craving them. I was glad we got there early because there were about 40 people waiting behind me! We got our cupcakes and we were on the road. It made us a little late, but we figured they wouldn't mind once we told them we were bring cupcakes!

We had a really yummy lunch at Flattop. It's always so good. We had fun just talking about everything going on and catching up.

The guest of honor!

The Mom and Dad-to-be

Dad and Michael

Michael and I

We were so stuffed with stir fry and cupcakes, we said our good byes and made our way home. It is such a beautiful day out so we took Porkchop for a walk and have just been enjoying our deck now that it's all set up. We are going to spend the rest of the night relaxing and dreaming about vacation! It was a really nice Mother's Day weekend. My only wish is that next year at this time I will have a baby in my arms or in my belly. I hope you all had a nice weekend and a beautiful Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! :) I LOVE your watch! Who is that by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's Michael Kors. I got it at Macys. They have it online too!

    ReplyDelete