Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New recipe: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Marshmallow Brownies


I saw this recipe on my Google reader this week and wanted to try them for an upcoming party we have. I'm glad I did try them first because I would make a few tweaks next time. I would double the amount of marshmallow and peanut butter chips and I would maybe only bake it 25 minutes the second time around. Other than that, these are delicious!

Ingredients
3/4 C sweetened condensed milk, divided (fat-free or low-fat is fine)
1/4 C butter, melted and cooled (1/2 stick)
1/4 C non-fat milk
1  box devil’s food cake mix (18.25 oz)
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
cooking spray
1 7 oz jar marshmallow creme (about 1 3/4 C)
1/2 C peanut butter morsels (not gonna lie, I used a very “heaping” 1/2 cup :)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, combine 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, milk, butter, cake mix, and egg white. Mixture will be very thick.  

Spray 9×13 pan with cooking spray.  Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the pan.  Use either floured hands, or spray your hands with cooking spray in order to press it down without having it stick to your fingers. The layer will be thin.  Bake for 10 minutes.


Combine 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk and marshmallow creme in a bowl and combine until smooth. 


Stir in PB morsels.

Remove brownie layer from oven after 10 minutes.
Spread marshmallow layer over brownie layer in pan.  

Carefully drop remaining brownie batter by spoonfuls over marshmallow mixture.  Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.  

 Remove from oven and cool before cutting into squares.

1 comment:

  1. You're evil for posting this! lol! How am I ever going to lose weight if I keep reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete