Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekend Recap

This weekend went by in a flash. I can't believe that July is over and that August starts tomorrow. This year has just been flying by, it's crazy! We had a really nice weekend though. We didn't work like crazy like we did the weekend before. On Friday after work was done we headed over to Rich and Tif's. The boys played poker and Tif, her mom and I just hung out, talked and played with Jacob.

On Saturday we were up and out early. We wanted to run around and get some shopping done. We started off with some breakfast and then we had to run over to Michael's parents to drop a few things off. Michael's Aunt and cousin were in from Missouri so we said hello and chatted for a while before we headed out. We made our way to Oakbrook to do some shopping at the mall. I had a $100 off coupon for Coach that I was hoping to use on a new Fall bag but I left empty handed, I was bummed.

We had fun just being outside and walking around the mall though. It's such a pretty outdoor mall; they have tons of flowers and they had all of these cool painted frogs everywhere with different color schemes.


On our way out we stopped at Barnes and Noble just to mull around and peruse the books and magazines.


After the mall we headed towards Lombard to do some more shopping at Yorktown and get some lunch. I hit up Forever 21, Charming Charlie, TJ Maxx and Carson's. I did the best at Carson's. I got a $300 suit for $40, it was a total steal. I also got a great dress for Fall and a cute cardigan. I couldn't find a picture of the suit online since it was on clearance. But this is the dress and cardigan I got.



After I was done shopping, Michael and I went to Flat Top Grill for lunch. It was yummy as usual. After we got done with lunch we got a call from Rich and Tif that they were going over to Kens parents house to swim and Michael's mom and Aunt and cousin were all going over there. We didn't have our suits with us but we swung by just to hang out for a little while and visit with everyone. Jacob looked adorable in the swim outfit we bought him for Easter. The little flip flops kill me, HA!



After hanging out there for a while we headed home and just relaxed. We ended up going out to dinner with everyone later at Weber Grill and then hung out at Rich and Tif's afterwards. 

Today we got up, had some breakfast and then headed out to do some shopping. I had some coupons for a few stores that I wanted to hit up. We did grocery shopping and then stopped at a farm stand for our fresh veggies for the week. We headed home, had some lunch and relaxed in the air conditioning the rest of the afternoon. Michael got a nap in, I got some things done around the house and watched a movie. Michael decided he wanted to make homemade pizzas for Sunday dinner. He found a great recipe for some herb pizza crust. The dough came out great. We always have fun making our own pizzas, they were really good!






It was such a nice weekend. I'm excited that August is here, that means its getting closer to Fall! We have so many fun things coming up, I can't wait. I hope you all had a great weekend and have a speedy week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment