Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Product Review: Light Scoop

I rarely use flash when I take pictures. I try to only use the natural light outside or coming through the windows when inside. But now that the days are only going to get shorter and darker, using the flash becomes a necessity. Because I don't use flash very often, I didn't really want to shell out $300-$400 on a flash that I won't use very much. I had heard about the Lightscoop a while ago, but never really thought about buying it until I took my camera class last month. He showed us something similar that diffuses the flash so you don't get harsh shadows and unnatural coloring. For only $30, I thought it was worth a shot.

Well as soon as I played around with it, it made me a believer. The proof is really in the pictures.

Regular flash - the colors are off, it's dark and shadowy and you can see the white flash reflecting on the fridge in the background.

With the lightscoop - Looks like it's day time, no darkness or shadows, warm, natural tones.

Pretty amazing, huh? These images are straight out of the camera as well, no editing. They were taken at 8 at night so the kitchen was pretty dark and I didn't turn on any lights. I would definitely recommend picking this up if it's compatible with your camera, I was pretty impressed.

* I was in no way compensated for this review, these are strictly my opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment