Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekend Recap

What a fun and busy weekend, prepare yourselves for a lot of pictures! On Friday I worked from home which I usually do, but I needed to this week because we were having some furniture delivered. We had our new dining room that we purchased last weekend delivered as well as a storage ottoman I ordered. Everything looks great, except we are still waiting on 2 of our chairs for the dining room set. One of them got broken in transit and they come in pairs so we're having 2 new ones delivered some time this week.


I also ordered a new ottoman for our living room. It's a leather storage ottoman that I picked up at Overstock.com. It has tons of storage for blankets, pillows, etc. It looks great!



After we were done with work for the day, we headed over to Michael's parents to celebrate his Dad's birthday. Rich and Tif came over with Jacob and Makayla, we ordered some Chinese food and sushi. Everything was really yummy. After dinner Michael's dad opened his gifts and Michael and I got some Makayla time in, she looked so cute! We also sang happy birthday and had some brownies.






On Saturday we were up pretty early and went to get some breakfast and then ran to the store to get a few things. Afterwards we came home to prep some food for the annual Pierogi Fest at Michael's parents. I was making sauerkraut for the festivities and Michael was making his famous apple pie. We were in the kitchen most of the day until it was time to shower and get ready to head over to the party. 





We packed everything up and headed over to Michael's parent's house. We were the first ones there so we just relaxed for a while before everyone else arrived. Once everyone there, the pierogi making began! It's a lot of work so everyone has to help, otherwise they don't get to eat! Even Jacob helped!





Once all of the pierogi were rolled, filled and pinched, it was time to cook. It takes a while so Michael's parents handled the cooking and the rest of us went outside to enjoy the beautiful day. It was so nice out. Jacob was having a ball running around in the backyard and on his swing.



Finally, it was time to eat. We were all excited to see what Jacob would think of the pierogi since he had never had it before. Well unfortunately he didn't like them very much and spit them right out! We couldn't believe it. Maybe he'll like them when he's older.


Tif came with Makayla later on so Tif could have some pierogis and everyone could get a look at their new arrival. She looked so cute and was quiet as a mouse.


Finally after dinner, we sang happy birthday to Michael's dad, his cousin Tim who's birthday is tomorrow and Michael who's birthday is this Friday. Everyone dug into cake, brownies and Michael's apple pie. It was  a nice ending to a very fun day.


Today we got up and had some breakfast and then I finally started to drag all of my Halloween decorations out. I feel so behind, but it's not even officially Fall yet, so I don't feel too bad! I didn't get much done since the Bears came on at noon. There's a lot of stuff to put out!



We headed over to Rich and Tif's to watch the game. We also got to play with Jacob and hold baby Makayla. Obviously the game didn't turn out so well, so that was kind of depressing but hopefully we show up next week for Green Bay. After the game we headed home and we've just been relaxing all afternoon. I worked on my decorations some more. Hopefully I will have them done so I can share some pictures of everything sometime this week. I'm looking forward to having a 4-day week this week. We are headed up to Lake Geneva next weekend and we can't wait! We really need to get away plus we are celebrating Michael's birthday as well. Anyways, I hope all of you had a fun filled weekend and have a speedy work week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous of your halloween stash! It makes me want to go shop for more! And love the new dining room set!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete