Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Birthday Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend, plus it was my birthday! On Friday after work we headed over to Rich and Tif's to watch Jacob and Makayla for a little while since Rich and Tif were out car shopping. After they got back we all headed out to dinner. Michael's parents joined us as well. We had a nice dinner and then headed over to Rich and Tif's after dinner just to hang out.

On Saturday, Michael went with Rich to help him with car shopping and I headed out to Schaumburg to do some fun shopping for myself. I picked up a few fun things and then I met up with Michael to get some lunch. After lunch we headed down to my sister and Teddy's house to celebrate our birthdays with my parents. Arla and my mom were out shopping so I got lots of Baby Lily time in. She was so cute and sleeping so peacefully. 


When Arla and my Mom got home we all just hung out and passed Lily around like a hot potato. She didn't seem to mind though, she slept right through it. Apparently Mom was feeling sleepy too because she joined Lily in her nap!


For dinner, we ordered yummy Italian food from Clara's. After dinner we had cake and opened presents. We hadn't celebrated Michael's birthday which was a month ago so Arla, Michael and I all had gifts to open. I got a great new lens for my camera that I'm really excited about and I also got an Old Navy gift card to buy some maternity clothes. We were all falling asleep and the new parents especially needed to get a nap in so we packed up and headed home. 

Sunday, we got up and headed to breakfast. Michael surprised me with a few gifts even though he bought me a car for my birthday. He got me a really cute Mickey and Minnie pumpkin decoration and then he got me 7 birthday cards with gift cards to some of my favorite places to shop inside. He's so good to me!


After breakfast we headed over to Rich and Tif's. We were baby-sitting Jacob and Makayla for them while they headed downtown for Tif's brother's college graduation. The kids were great. We watched Despicable Me with Jacob and he was glued to it the entire time. He just sat on Uncle Michael's lap and watched.


Makayla was a perfect angel too. She pretty much was eating or sleeping the entire time. We had a lot of fun with them. Rich and Tif got home in the early afternoon and we just watched football for a while and hung out. Ken got me some delicious cupcakes for my birthday and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me, it was really nice. We left around 5 and headed home.

All in all it was a great weekend. I still can't believe that I'm 29 and that I'll be 30 in a year but I really think that 29 is going to be one of my best years I've ever had! I hope all of you had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment