Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas wrap-up: Day after Christmas


The day after Christmas I always do some shopping. It's always a good time to stock up on all of my wrapping supplies and anything else Christmas. I used all of my wrapping paper that I had bought last year since I had so many presents to wrap. And we all know there are going to be even more presents next year when our little man is here! I got up early and headed to Target first. It was pretty busy but I found a lot of great wrapping paper, gift bags, tissue paper, gift tags, etc. After Target I headed to the Container Store. I did really well there last year but there were literally 150 people waiting outside this year. I was only able to pick up a few rolls of wrapping paper there. I did pick up a cute outdoor mat for the winter though.


In the end I did really well. In a couple of hours I was totally re-stocked for next year and I spent less than $100 to fill up my entire trunk!


I headed home around 10. When I had left, Michael was in bed. When I got home he was busy taking down all of our Christmas decorations! I couldn't believe it. We finished taking down the tree and our Christmas village and then hauled everything downstairs. By 2 pm everything was put away and we were exhausted! We both passed out and took a nap for a couple of hours. As much as I love our Christmas decorations, I do love taking them down and have everything look fresh and new again.


It was a very productive day and apparently we were on a roll because the following day we bought all of Baby E's nursery furniture and we booked the restaurant for our baby shower! More details on Baby E's nursery to come next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment