Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ethan's Nursery Plans

Nursery construction is in full swing! We've emptied the room, removed everything from the walls and now we're in re-decorating mode. Michael has been working on filling all of the holes with Spackle and his dad is getting started on adding some lights in the ceiling this week. Crown molding and paint will be up next. Since the nursery isn't looking very exciting yet, I thought I would show you our overall plans for the nursery. 

Before we found out whether we were having a boy or a girl, we had selected our bedding for each. We love animals, especially giraffes so when we found this Gray Zoology bedding from BabyBedding.com we knew it was the one for our little boy. I love that it's not babyish and the color palette is modern, sophisticated and not primary colors. The bedding became the jumping off point for the whole room. I immediately had a vision in my head of what it was going to look like. I put together a moodboard using mydeco to represent that vision. 


I numbered each item and will reference that number to explain what each item on the moodboard is. 

1. Our chair for the nursery; the style not the color. It's a rocker, glider and recliner. It's super comfortable. We bought it at Cribs to College but the brand Best Chairs is available everywhere. 
2. This is the fabric the chair will be in. It's a textured gray fabric and it will have white piping.
3. This is the dresser we chose. We will also use it for our changing table. The brand is Pali, they make really nice nursery furniture. 
4. This is the crib we chose for our little man. It is Pali as well. We really liked the white furniture with the bedding. Since the bedding has a dark gray background, we thought it would really pop against the white crib. 
5. This is an inspiration photo I found on Pinterest. I loved the bookcases flanking the crib. We are going to do this on the largest wall in Ethan's room as well. We really only have one large wall to put furniture on so we need to maximize the space. The other walls have large windows, a closet, and the last wall is a short wall because of the entrance to the bathroom so the dresser will go on that wall. 
6. These are the bookcases we found to flank the crib. We are going to add some decorative molding to the top to dress them up a bit. We're also not going to put the backs on them so you can see the paint through the shelves.
7. This is the gray zoology bedding I referenced above. We absolutely love it. We don't have it yet since we registered for it, but hopefully we will get the pieces we need at our shower in March!
8. These are the matching curtains to our bedding. We have two large windows in the nursery and I think these are just going to look great in the room. 
9. This is a mobile I found on Etsy. My sister had one made for Lily's nursery and it came out really cute. She can do any custom colors to match your bedding. 
10. I love the look of drum pendant lights. I am having a large one custom made from a seller on Etsy to hang in the center of the room. 
11. This is the fabric the drum pendant light will be made of. Its the coordinating dot fabric from our bedding. 
12. This is a vinyl alphabet set I found on Etsy to put on the wall above Ethan's closet. It will be in different colors from the photo. It will be in grey, teal and yellow to match the bedding.
13. This is an inspiration photo I found on Pinterest. I love photo collages and this one will hang above Ethan's changing table. I want to put various pictures and prints in different sizes on the wall. I'm excited for this project!
14. This is the color of the walls in the nursery. It's called refreshing pool. It's just a shade lighter than the aqua in his bedding. I think next to all of the white furniture and trim and the bedding, it's going to be perfect.
15. Ethan is a very lucky boy and has a nursery suite with an attached bathroom so I have two rooms to decorate! This is the paint color for his bathroom. It's called pewter mug. I think it's a nice contrast to all of the aqua and white.
16. This is a vinyl growth chart I found on Etsy. We're going to put it behind his door in the nursery. We're going to change up the colors on this vinyl too to match the room.  

So that's the plan for Prince Ethan's palace. I'm just in love with it and so excited to see it all come together! I will definitely post progress pictures as we complete all of the projects we have planned. 

1 comment:

  1. The nursery is going to look fabulous!! I love that wall color, we have something similar in a guest room!

    ReplyDelete