Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nursery Progress Report #2

Things are rolling right along in Ethan's nursery. Last week Michael's Dad spent a lot of time in our attic working on electrical. For some reason the builder of our house did not put any electrical in the ceiling. So at the minimum we needed to add a box in the center for the drum shade light fixture I'm having made. But since he was going to be up in the attic anyway, we figured we'd use the opportunity to add some recessed puck lights as well to make sure there is plenty of light for our little man.



In other construction news, the mirror and vanity in the bathroom are no more. Once the bathroom is painted, all of the new fixtures we purchased last week will be installed.


We also got his closet custom designed and purchased all of the materials to bring the plans to life. It's going to be so nice and there will be a ton of storage for all of his things.


The accessories for his bathroom were delivered last week as well. We were hoping it was going to look as good in person as it did online and we were really happy. We love all of the pieces and I think he's going to have a very cute bathroom!


On the decorating front, I made many Etsy purchases this week. I'm working on finding cute prints for the collage wall that is going to go above the dresser/changing area and I've made great progress. I still need to go and buy frames for everything but I wanted to get everything picked out so I know how many items are going to be in the collage first. These are some of the things I've purchased so far. Etsy is such a great resource for unique things, it's dangerous!


We need to integrate some more animals since there are a lot of giraffes already. I loved this little elephant and since there are elephants in his bedding its perfect.

Giraffe Family Print
Love this! It will have a yellow background though.

Dump Toys Print
I had to have this when I saw it because it's so true!

Giraffe painted canvas
This is a hand painted canvas from an artist on Etsy. I thought it was super cute!

Turtle numbers
Gotta have numbers to go with the ABC's!

This is something I actually created using a picture I found online and adding the text.

I also ordered these closet dividers to seperate his clothes by sizes.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see it all come together!! Everything is looks great!

    ReplyDelete