Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Nursery Progress Report #4

This week in the nursery was all about finishing details. Michael's Dad worked on painting the trim, closet doors, and the baseboard trim. The most exciting event of the week was having Ethan's furniture delivered. Unfortunately we weren't able to have it all set-up in his room because the carpet is pulled up in there and because we're having carpet installed in a couple weeks, we didn't want to have it set-up to have to move it all out and then back in again. We are really happy with everything. I can't wait for it to all be set-up in his room in a couple of weeks, it's going to be so exciting!


I changed out the white wooden knobs, for some aqua bubbled glass knobs for a pop of color. We also put them on the closet doors. They match the wall color perfectly.




We love the chair too, I will be happy when we can sit in it in his nursery though! I love the gray textured fabric with the white piping, it's going to look perfect in his room.


We also received the custom drum pendant light fixture I ordered and Michael installed it. I love the fabric and I think it is a great addition to his room, lighting complete!


On the decorating front this week. I received Ethan's vinyl alphabet that we ordered from Etsy. I had to cut all of the letters out and the coordinating symbol and lay it all out in order. We also laid it out on the walls to get the spacing figured out. It's going to be a big project adhering 52 pieces of vinyl but I think it's going to look great when it's done. We are going to tackle it when we get back from Florida.




Michael also hung curtain rods and the blackout blinds on the windows. Now we just have to hope we get the curtains at our shower!


I've been looking for a few weeks now for some art for Ethan's bathroom and I finally found the perfect prints!


I also ordered his mobile for his crib from a seller on Etsy. She made one for Lily's nursery with birds and it was really cute. The colors will be slightly different to match Ethan's bedding.


Next up, I need to find frames for all of the fun prints I've bought for his wall collage. I'm looking forward to shopping on vacation and hope I can find some fun accessories for his bookcases. Michael's Dad is going to be painting the bathroom and installing the new vanity top and faucet next week. We're also getting all of the carpet installed just a few days after we get back from vacation. It's all coming together, I am so excited to see what I've thought up in my head come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment