Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Recap

Another great weekend in the books. On Friday, Ethan's nursery furniture was delivered! We couldn't have it put in the nursery because it's still kind of a mess in there plus all of the carpet is pulled up for our carpet install in a couple of weeks. So his furniture is living in our master bedroom for the time being.


Friday night we went to Rich and Tif's to hang out and have dinner. I also brought the kids their Valentine gifts since they will be coming home from Florida on Valentine's Day.



Makayla rocking her sunglasses we got her for Valentine's Day. She's ready for the Florida sun now! We had wings for dinner and just hung out and talked and played with the kids.

Saturday we got up and went for breakfast and then did some grocery shopping and ran around for a few hours doing some errands. When we came home we saw a giant box on our front porch and it was Ethan's light fixture for his nursery. We put the groceries away and then went right upstairs to install it. Michael did a great job installing the light. It came out perfect and just how I pictured. I think it looks great in his nursery with the aqua walls. 



After installing the light, Michael decided he needed a nap and I needed to make lasagna. We were heading over to Michael's parents for dinner and I volunteered to make the lasagna. I used my Mom's recipe and it came out really well. Doesn't it look yummy? 


We headed over to Michael's parents around 5:30 and had a yummy dinner with his parents, Grandma, Rich, Tif and the kids. After dinner we just hung out, talked and played with the kids. 

On Sunday we got up, had some breakfast and then ran out to get a few things we needed for vacation so I could finish packing. When we got home I ran out again to get a pedicure for vacation. When I got home Michael decided he wanted to work in the nursery some. We wanted to clean up and get a bunch of the tools out of there that we don't need any more. We also laid out the vinyl alphabet on the walls to see the spacing and how it would look. I think it's going to look awesome when it's all installed. We're not going to tackle it until after Florida though.



Michael also installed curtain rods and blinds on Ethan's window.





After working in the nursery for a few hours, we relaxed for a while. For Sunday dinner we made homemade Chinese takeout, fried rice and sesame chicken. I found a new recipe on Pinterest for Benihana's fried rice and we've been meaning to try it. It was really good. Michael is our resident wok master in the house and dinner was delicious!



The rest of the night we just relaxed and watched some tv. It was a great weekend and we were very productive. Ethan's nursery is really beginning to take shape. I have another nursery progress report coming up on the blog tomorrow. I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a great week ahead. I'm excited we only have to work 3 days this week before leaving for Florida on Thursday, I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Well Michael is just a great hubby! The nursery is coming along so well! :) And yes, the lasagna looks SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete