Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nursery Progress Report #5

It's been a couple of weeks since our last progress report since we were gone on vacation. While we were gone Michael's Dad worked in the bathroom. He finished painting, installed the sink, faucet and light fixture. I can't wait to get it all cleaned up so we can put all of his bathroom accessories in there! Hopefully next weekend.



The big news this week was getting all of our new carpet installed in the house. We've had nothing but plywood floors in the nursery for the past few weeks, so it's nice to have the beautiful, plush, charcoal gray carpet in there now.


We also were able to set up his crib, re-install the closet doors and put the closet back together after having the carpet installed. It's really starting to come together!



On the shopping side, I finally found baskets for the bottom of the bookcases we are going to install. I also bought a mirror for the bathroom. It will be in white though, compared to the picture.



I also found a basket for the top of the dresser to use for diaper changing supplies.


I also bought all of the frames for the wall collage I'm putting above this dresser. I put most of the prints I bought already in frames, I'm missing a couple I haven't received yet. We are going to get them hung next weekend hopefully.




Finally on the agenda this week was  applying the vinyl alphabet on the walls. We already had the letters all cut out and taped up in the order and spacing we wanted. We thought it was going to take forever, but it wasn't bad at all, a little over an hour. We love how it came out.







Our bookcases are on tap for next weekend's project which I'm looking forward to putting in place and start decorating. We're in the home stretch of getting our little boy's room done. I'm so excited to work on all of the little details now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment