Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekend & Baby Shower Recap

We had a fabulous weekend. On Friday after work, we hung out with Rich, Tif and the kids. We went out to dinner and then went back to their house to hang out. Saturday we got up early, went to breakfast and then did some shopping before heading to the movie theater to meet up with Rich, Tif, Tif's parents, and Ken and Kat. We went to see Hunger Games. Tif, Sandi, Ken and I all read the books so we were really excited to see it.


I really liked the movie. I thought it kept really true to the book which rarely happens. There were a few nit picky things I could point out, but it's not worth it. I will say that Jennifer Lawrence made the movie and overall the casting was spot on, except for Peeta. If you haven't read the books yet, I would highly recommend them. They are excellent; probably my favorite series since Harry Potter.

After the movie we grabbed some lunch and headed home. We both passed out on the couch in the afternoon. We ended up meeting with everyone for dinner at a new place in Roselle, Bulldog Ale House. Rich and Tif have been telling us about it for a few weeks so we finally got to try it. We really liked it. It's a sports bar but the food was really good. After dinner we headed back to Rich and Tif's to hangout and play with the kids and we headed home when the kids needed to go to bed.

Sunday was our baby shower day! We were really excited. We had our shower at Carlucci's in Downer's Grove. Our parents hosted the shower for us. Prepare yourself for lots of pictures!

Yummy cupcakes from Flirty Cupcakes, our favorite!

Table lists for where the guests were sitting

We found these adorable animal themed diaper cakes from Etsy




Papa with Lily

Grandma and Lily

The Grandma's and their granddaughters. Oh and Lily and Makayla did not plan on wearing the same dresses but they both have great taste! They looked so cute!



Everyone was very generous, we had a lot of gifts to get through!




My mom made us this adorable blanket

Jacob and Makayla bought Ethan Scout just like theirs!



Michael's parents bought us this really cute frame with a baby picture of me, Michael and a spot for Ethan.


All done!

We got so many wonderful gifts, we are pretty much set. We only have a handful of things to get before Ethan's arrival. We have hardly anything to return either, we are really lucky. It took two cars to haul everything home. Luckily my parents were planning on coming home with us to help us. We brought everything in and showed my parents the nursery since they hadn't seen it in person yet. Then I started sorting through all of Ethan's new things to show my Mom a lot of the things she didn't get to see when we were opening gifts.

Holy baby haul!

My parents stayed for a while and then headed home. It took me about 30 seconds to start organizing and assembling everything. I spent the next 4 hours removing lots of packaging and putting things together.

Ethan's new playmats and rocker all set-up and ready!

His highchair is all ready to go too!

I see lots of naps and diaper changes happening in this corner of the living room!

We really had an amazing baby shower. We are so lucky to have such wonderful family and friends. We are going to go this weekend to get the rest of the things we need and luckily we have more than enough gift cards to pay for it all. We are also going to install his carseat and base in my car and the extra base in Michael's car.  This week I'm also going to work on washing all of his bedding that Arla and Teddy bought him so we can get his crib all set up. We will officially be ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you lucky girl! You really did get a lot of nice gifts!!

    ReplyDelete