Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend we didn't really have a whole lot planned but as usual, we ended up doing a lot. On Friday, I had  a doctor's appointment in the morning to check on Ethan and I. Everything is looking great and moving along as it should. We also officially scheduled my induction if he doesn't come between now and my due date. I will check into the hospital on the night of May 9 to start the process and he will be born on May 10. So we'll see if  that plan pans out or if he will choose to make his appearance sooner. It's just crazy to think we only have 16 more days to meet our little prince. We can't wait!

After my doctor's appointment, it was back to work for both Michael and I and we finished out our day. Friday night we hung out with Rich, Tif and the kids. We went to Famous Dave's for dinner and then went back to their house to play with the kids and talk.

Saturday morning we were up and out early. It was the opening weekend for the Wheaton French Market and I was so excited to go. Not all of the usual vendors were there yet but there was still plenty to choose from this early in the year. It was pretty empty too since it was only 40 degrees out!


They have delicious homemade donuts made fresh to order so we grabbed some of those and did the rest of our shopping. I picked up asparagus, green beans, potatoes, romaine lettuce, strawberries and grapes. It was a pretty good bounty for this early. 


I'm looking forward to going every Saturday. I know we'll have to take a few weeks off when Ethan comes, but I'm excited to bring him with come June. Besides, his stroller has a huge basket underneath and will be the perfect produce holder, HA!

After the farmer's market we came home and unloaded our goods and we were back out again. We went to Whole Foods to do our grocery shopping and to Target to pick up some things. After that we went to The Container Store to design a closet system for one of our closets in the kitchen. We loved the system so much for Ethan's nursery and the kitchen closet has no organization to it. It just has one shelf and that's it. We designed the closet, paid for it and waited for them to pack up all of the materials and we were on our way. We came home and unloaded everything from the closet and then Michael had to take the old shelf down and patch the holes. Here is the closet before:


We couldn't do much more the rest of the day because we had to wait for the plaster to dry plus Michael wanted to re-paint the inside so it was all fresh. We just relaxed the rest of the afternoon and I took a nap. For dinner we met up with Michael's parents, Rich, Tif and the kids. We went to an Italian restaurant called Amalfi's. Michael and I have never been there but his parents have been going there for years. The food was good and we had a nice dinner. After dinner we headed home and just relaxed and watched some tv before crashing. 

Sunday morning we woke up and I made us a yummy breakfast of french toast and turkey sausage.


After breakfast I took a shower and got ready to head to a baby shower for our friend Maggie. She is due just 6 weeks after I am. I went and picked up Tif and we headed to the shower. It was really nice and they got so many nice things. I feel bad, I never took out my camera. After the baby shower I dropped Tif off and then headed home to find my very handy husband had been very busy! He painted the closet and got the bars installed and was just getting ready to put the shelves up when I got home. I handed him all the pieces and shelves and we had them installed in just a few minutes.


So much better than just one shelf right? We didn't get everything put back all of the way yet so you'll have to stay tuned for the final reveal this week! 

Next week's project will be the closet next to this one. We have lots of shelves in there but they just really need to be gone through and organized.


After we worked on the closet for a while we just relaxed for a few hours and then we started making Sunday dinner. We made bbq marinated pork tenderloin, crispy potato wedges and asparagus. It was really yummy!


After dinner we pretty much just relaxed and watched tv. It was a great weekend and I'm already looking forward to next weekend. We are finally taking maternity pictures if the weather cooperates and we are going on a date night. We have to get as many in as possible before the little man comes! Let's hope this week goes by fast. It's going to be weird working from home all week, but it will be really nice! I hope all of you had a great weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog a while back and really enjoy it. You have great decorating ideas and I love when you show what you have cooked...it always looks yummy. As a mom with 3 kids (teenagers now) let me say, enjoy your last 2 weeks of being able to go to the bathroom alone!! LOL...best of luck on your birth!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby's shoes and dress is very cute. Congrats to both of you.



    Sheila burnett

    sd

    ReplyDelete