Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had such a nice weekend. It's crazy to think that these are our last weekends where it will ever be just the two of us! On Friday I had a doctor's appointment in the morning. Everything is looking great with both Ethan and I. I've made a little bit of progress but there are no signs that he's coming any time before my induction but we'll see what happens. I just have one more doctor's appointment this Friday and then the next stop will be the hospital! After the doctor, it was back to work, which has been really crazy lately. I can't say enough how much I'm looking forward to maternity leave! Friday night we went out to dinner with Rich, Tif, the kids, ken and Kat. After dinner we hung out and just talked until it was time for the kids to go to bed.

On Saturday we actually slept in for once and got a late start out for our errands. I was bummed it was raining so we couldn't go to the Farmer's Market this week. Instead, we went out to breakfast and then headed to Whole Foods and Meijer to do our grocery shopping. We came home, made some lunch and then we worked on finishing our closet project we started last weekend. We were waiting for one last piece from Container Store that was back ordered last week. We installed the last piece and finished putting everything in.

Before

After

So much better, right? We also worked on the closet right next to this one. It was way overloaded and everything needed to be gone through. It's so much more organized now.

Before

After

I'm so happy we got this done before Ethan comes. Everything is organized and we have plenty of room to accommodate all of his stuff. After finishing the closets, I took a nap. When I woke up it was time to get ready for our date night we had planned. We need to get in as many nights with just the two of us before Mr. Ethan gets here. We went to our favorite sushi place ever, Sushi Kushi Toyo in Lake Forest. It's a far drive for dinner, but it is worth every mile. Our dinner was amazing as always. 



After dinner we headed over to Tif's parents house where they were hosting a poker night for everyone. I hung out with Tif, her mom and the kids while the guys played poker. I headed home before they were finished playing and Michael caught a ride home with his cousin Tim. 

Sunday we got up and I had to work for a couple of hours. Afterwards we just relaxed, had some breakfast and then we got ready to take our maternity pictures. We've been waiting for weeks to finally take our pictures. At first we couldn't take them because I didn't really have a bump. Then finally in the past 3 weeks I finally got the bump but the weather has been horrible. Today actually worked out well because it was partly cloudy which is better for pictures. I'm going to do a full post with our pictures this week, but here's a sneak peek!



After our pictures, we needed to run a few errands and we stopped by Rich and Tif's to bring Jacob the balloons we used at our photo shoot that morning. He loves balloons so we knew he'd love 15 balloons!

We also stopped at the nursery to buy some flowers and herbs for our garden. I wanted to get them bought before Ethan comes because we will be pretty busy! We are going to plant them this week since its going to be warmer. We picked out lots of blue flowers for our little boy!


After we got home, I started working on Sunday dinner. I wanted to make a really nice meal since it might be the last nice dinner I make for a while! I made Michael's favorite, herbed turkey breast, mashed potatoes and his favorite stuffing! He was in heaven! I realized I haven't posted my herbed turkey breast on here before, I will definitely have to post it. It's the best turkey you will ever have!



After dinner we cleaned up and Michael asked me to play a game of Scrabble with him. I don't really like to play with him because he's ridiculously good. Last time we played, I cried, HA! We actually had fun playing this time and of course I lost, but not by much.


The rest of the night we just relaxed and watched some t.v. It was a great weekend, I'm sad that its over already. I'm looking forward to working my last full week of work this week. I have only 7 work days left maximum, which is very exciting. And only 10 days maximum until we check into the hospital. We are so excited to finally meet our little man and the wait is almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment