Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Ethan's favorites - 2 months

When I was pregnant some of my favorite blog posts to read were posts by moms sharing their favorite products they couldn't live without and those they thought they would use but didn't at specific ages of their baby. They helped me in my research for what things to register for. Now that we have 2 months under our belt, there are certain things we use more than others. 


Things Ethan loves and we use every day:

Fisher-Price Discover 'n Grow Kick and Play Piano Gym


Ethan loves this play mat. He has had crazy legs every since he was in my belly so I just knew he was going to love it! His little legs pump back and forth and make music and he really seems to have fun with it. He also loves looking and swatting at the animal toys hanging from the bar. I love that this toy grows with him as well. The piano swings upright so he'd be able to play it when he can sit on his own. He will lay here for as long as 20 minutes right now, which is great at this age. 

Fisher-Price Newborn-To-Toddler Portable Rocker


This rocker was something I had never seen before until I saw it on someone's blog. Once I researched it, I saw that it got such rave reviews. I registered for this in lieu of a bouncer chair and I'm so glad I did. Ethan loves this chair. He takes naps in it, he sits out on the deck with us in it, he even plays in it since it has a toy bar that attaches to the side. It reclines almost flat and also has a more sitting up setting. It's on the rocker rails now, but once he can move more, you can swing out legs so that it doesn't move. This is one of my favorite items by far.

Swaddling is a must and these SwaddleMe swaddles make it so easy. They have velcro so the swaddle stays secure. They wash really well and seem to get softer every time. Whenever Ethan has a little gas or seems a little fussy, we say, "It's burrito time!" and we put him in his swaddle. He instantly calms down like its magic. Some naps he is swaddled, sometimes he's not. He is swaddled at night, but he almost always gets one or both of his hands out!

WubbaNub Giraffe
The WubbaNub was a total impulse buy. I had seen it when I registered but didn't add it to my registry. I was on Amazon one day and it came up as something I might be interested it and lets be honest, I can't turn anything down giraffe so I bought it. I'm glad i did because Ethan really likes it. He loves to cuddle with his giraffe and I love because it rarely falls off of him when he spits it out and its easy to grab and put that back in. I think I might have to order another one of these since he likes it so much.

When I first heard about the Aden & Anais blankets and burp cloths I honestly didn't understand what all of the hype was about. It's a blanket, I thought they were all pretty much the same. I was wrong, these blankets rock. They are so soft to start with, when I brought Ethan home and started swaddling him in them he would literally rub the fabric like he was saying, "Wow, that's so soft!" LOL They are also really big. They are great for swaddling or putting on the floor for playing or tummy time. They are perfect for Summertime babies since they are so light too. The burp cloths are also amazing. They are soft, big and they double as a bib. The cotton is extremely absorbent for feeding and spit up. I can see myself buying more of both of these.

Finally, our stroller. This baby already has over 100 miles on those tires. I literally use my stroller for 10 hours a week with all of the walks and shopping I do. When I was looking at strollers I was originally going to go with the Britax and actually bought it, but then returned it. But for some reason I couldn't get the UPPAbaby out of my head. I went back to the store to test drive them again and I finally figured out why I liked the UPPAbaby better. The 3 things that sold it for me were the handle, the basket and the turning radius. I'm 6' tall and Michael is 6' 2", the UPPAbaby has an awesome telescoping handle that makes it the perfect height for us. Our backs thank us for this choice. The second thing was the basket. Another tall factor, the bar that connects the back wheels typically is right where your feet walk behind the stroller. The UPPAbaby put the bar through the basket so I never kick it when I walk, even with my long stride. Finally, something about how the UPPAbaby maneuvers sold me. I can turn it with one hand and it is so smooth. Ultimately, I'm just very happy that I went with my gut and got the one I really wanted. It also helped that I got it for 50% off because it is certainly not cheap. I will also say we have gotten so much use out of the bassinet as well. I use it when I go on my 3 mile walks so he doesn't have to be in the hot car seat. He can stretch out and nap very comfortably.  

So those are the things that are keeping our man happy in these first couple of months. It will be interesting to see how this list changes and evolves as he gets bigger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment