Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend. It kind of started on Thursday because the 4th of July was in the middle of the week. Michael worked during the day and then we headed down to Arla and Teddy's to drop off Ethan with  my Dad and then the 4 of us headed downtown for dinner. We went to Bill and Giuliana's new restaurant RPM Italian. All of us are fans of their show and have wanted to go since it opened. It was a great date night out. The food was incredible. We wanted to try as many things as possible so we ordered a bunch of things and then all shared. I'm so glad we did because we got to try 12 different menu items.



Up first we chose 4 different appetizers. We had the truffled garlic bread, charred pepperoni and spice tomato pizza, lobster caprese, and fritto misto (tempura calamari, shrimp and zucchini). Below is a picture of the lobster caprese and fritto misto. I didn't get a picture of the other two because I was too busy eating!


All of the appetizers were delicious. The only complaint we had with any of them was the lobster was a bit overcooked in the caprese dish.

For our main courses, we chose 4 different pastas to share. We had Mama DePandi's Bucatini Pomodoro with meatballs, Short Rib Pappardelle, Lobster Ravioli, and a daily special which was a mushroom sauce pasta. Everything was amazing, it's so hard to pick a favorite. The meatballs were one of the best I've ever had and the mushroom pasta was so good. Michael's favorite was the short rib pappardelle.


For dessert we chose 4 desserts. We probably should have only got 2 because we were all so stuffed but oh well, it was fun to try them. We ordered pistachio gelato, the tartufo which is hazelnut gelato in a chocolate shell, Bill's chocolate budino which is chocolate pudding topped with salted caramel and dark chocolate cocoa nibs and then the strawberry carpaccio with sour cream semifreddo. Everything was very good. The tartufo and the strawberries were the biggest hits.



It was an amazing meal, I would highly recommend it and I hope we can go back again soon!

On Friday, Michael worked, I did some shopping and accomplished some things around the house since it was so hot out. I went to Hobby Lobby to shop for some picture frames for a new picture wall I wanted to add to our family room. I printed a bunch of pictures out at Costco to fill all of the frames I purchased and worked on a potential layout for the wall.


For dinner we went over to Rich and Tif's and ordered some pizza and hung out. 

On Saturday morning we met up with Rich, Tif and the kids at Wheaton's farmers market. They had never been so we had fun walking through the booths with them picking out fresh fruit and veggies. Ethan slept through it, but still looked super cute !


After the market we walked over to Egg Harbor for some breakfast. It was really yummy as always.


After the farmers market we stopped at Target for a couple quick things and then headed home. Michael needed to do some work and Ethan went down for a nap so I got to work on a bunch of photo projects. I got most of our family picture gallery wall done. I love how it's coming along!


The blank spot will be filled with a fabric covered "D" I ordered from at Etsy seller. It will look like this but be a "D" obviously.


After I tackled the gallery wall, I updated the photo going up our stairs with a new family picture. It used to be one of our wedding pictures but I thought it was time for an update. I'm looking for a little "e" to add to the wall as well to go along with our initials.


Saturday night we went to our favorite sushi place in Lake Forest, Sushi Kushi Toyo. Michael's parents and Rich and Tif met us there as well. The food was amazing as always. I will say our service was not very good though. We've never had a problem before, but it was pretty bad. 


After dinner we went back to Rich and Tif's for some smores and a bonfire. We only stayed for a little while because we had to get home to put the little man to bed.

On Sunday we got up and made some breakfast and then did our grocery shopping for the week. After shopping it was naptime for Ethan and Michael had to do some more work so it was project time for me. I put together a frame with pictures I bought for my desk when I go back to work. It's an 11x14 magnetic frame I picked up at Kohl's a couple of week's ago on clearance for less than $5!


I also set up Ethan's photo shoot set for his 2 month picture we're doing this week. Here's a sneak peek at this month's theme!


The rest of the day we relaxed, played and did tummy time with Ethan and then went on a late afternoon walk.


For Sunday dinner we made grilled pizza. It was really good as always! Michael made himself a sausage and cheese and I had a Canadian bacon and mushroom pizza, yum.



For dessert I tried a new recipe that I found on Pinterest for cinnamon sugar nutella crescents. OMG, they are amazing and so ridiculously easy! Recipe to come tomorrow!


We have a pretty low key week ahead and the weather is supposed to be amazing so I will be happy to get back outside. I missed my walks last week! I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a good week ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Love that picture wall!
    Can't wait to see the pictures with that patriotic backdrop!!
    And YUMMMM! I must try anything that requires Nutella! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the picture wall! I'm stealing that idea for our office/computer room. You always have the best decorating ideas!

    ReplyDelete