Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend Recap

Well my last weekend of maternity leave is over; back to work today. It was the best Summer I've ever had thanks to my little man! We had another nice and low-key weekend. On Friday I did some shopping to get everything ready for my return to work. I'm going to miss my daily walks and shopping excursions with my little guy! After Michael was done with his work day we headed over to Tif's parents house for an appetizer night and to hang out. Michael made buffalo chicken dip and we also brought a veggie try. Tif's Mom made some yummy pizza and there were a bunch of other things. Everything was really good.


After dinner we just hung out, talked and played with the kids. Ethan loved watching his cousins play. Makayla loves to touch him and she really loved his giraffe pacifier!


We left right before bed time and put our little man and watched some Olympics before passing out.

On Saturday we got up and went to breakfast in downtown Wheaton and then went to the farmer's market. We bought lots of veggies for the week and then headed home. 


After the farmer's market I put Ethan down for a nap and then I headed out for a mani/pedi and some Mommy time! I hadn't had a mani/pedi since they day I went into the hospital to have Ethan so it was definitely needed!


After getting my nails done I came home and had lunch with Michael, fed Ethan and then we gave him his first haircut! His hair in the back was getting really long. It was starting to look like a mini mullet and I can't have my little man not looking sharp. Daddy got out his clippers and gave Ethan a trim.




Hey there handsome!

The rest of the afternoon we just relaxed and watched Olympics. For dinner Michael and I had a date night. We dropped off Ethan at Michael's parents and then headed to dinner. 


Our dinner was really delicious but cut short because little man was having a fit at Grandma and Grandpa's. We took dessert to go and went to find out what was wrong with Ethan. Just some gas and he was better by the time we got home. 

On Sunday I woke up to Ethan looking like Houdini on the video monitor. Sure enough when I went into his room to get him up, this is what I saw:


When I put him in his crib the night before he was in a velcro swaddler, on his back and his head was where his feet are in this picture. Some how he wiggled his way out of the swaddle and onto his stomach. Crazy boy!

We didn't do much during the day on Sunday, we had breakfast, played with Ethan and we went out to lunch at Shane's Deli. We watched a lot of Olympics and I finished getting all of Ethan's things ready for day care and my stuff ready for work, sadness :(.  

I also took a cute picture of Ethan and Daddy in an outfit we've been waiting a very long time for Ethan to wear. Michael's favorite food on this Earth is a hamburger. When we found out we were having a boy, I ordered this onesie off of Etsy for Michael for Christmas. It's crazy to see Ethan wearing it now, he looks mighty tasty!


For Sunday dinner we went over to Rich and Tif's. They have been aging a steak with a diy aging kit they bought for the past 3 weeks. We brought corn on the cob and fresh green beans with bacon for some side dishes. Everything was delicious! Tif's brother Ray grilled the steaks and they were perfect. It was the perfect way to end the weekend.


We left shortly after dinner to get little man ready for bed and to relax a little bit before bed. So its back to work today, but its okay. We have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to. Its funny, I didn't want the Summer to end but now that I'm back to work, I'm so ready for Fall! Bring on apple picking, pumpkin carving, and Halloween! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment