Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Recap

Well this weekend turned out to be quite surprising, literally. After finishing up my first week back to work, I was pretty excited to start my weekend on Friday. We got up early and went for a family walk to start our day.


I caught up on some things around the house while Michael worked and then we headed out to lunch. We went to Front Street Cantina in Wheaton. After lunch we headed home so Michael could get back to work and I headed out to do some grocery shopping. We were having appetizer night with Rich, Tif and Ken again so I needed to get some ingredients. I made english muffin pizzas and three pounders. Tif made veggies and dip and a bar dessert and Ken made bruschetta. We were able to eat outside since it was so nice out but we did have to battle some bees who wanted our yummy food. We hung out and played with the kids until bed time.

Saturday started out like any other Saturday. We got up, went to the farmer's market and then to breakfast. We came home and worked on an appetizer to bring to Arla and Teddy's for what I thought was a pool party. Boy was I wrong. My sister, Michael and family had a surprise party waiting for me for my 30th birthday! 

My birthday isn't really until October, but they wanted to make sure I would be surprised and not suspect anything. Well I can assure you I didn't have any clue. I don't have any pictures of me being surprised but hopefully someone has one. I was completely blown away, I thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest! I wanted to kill Michael because I looked terrible, no make-up, yoga pants and a t-shirt, but he knew if he said something I would suspect something. It was so nice of everyone to come to celebrate, it was a great surprise and a wonderful day! My sister was the mastermind behind the whole thing with help from Michael. They did a great job and I still can't believe Michael was able to keep a secret from me!

Hopefully I can get some more pictures from other people who were there, but this is what I have right now. 










I got some wonderful gifts as well. I received a bunch of gift cards which will definitely be well spent. I got a bunch of cute gifts from Michael's parents that were very "Sara". My parents and Arla and Teddy got me a really cool Tiffany charm with my zodiac sign, Scorpio.


Michael got me an amazing handbag I've been lusting after from Tiffany. It is so beautiful. I can't wait for a date night to use it! Thanks baby, I love it and I love you!


On Sunday we got up and went for a walk, grabbed some breakfast and then did our grocery shopping for the week. After grocery shopping Michael needed to get some work done so I went back out to do some shopping. I did some car seat shopping and even picked up a few Christmas gifts. I came home and we made some lunch and relaxed most of the afternoon.

For Sunday dinner Michael made herb crusted pork tenderloin, corn on the cob, salad and Lipton onion potatoes. It was really yummy!


It was a fabulous weekend, I think I'm still in shock about my party! It was just what I needed after returning to work. I have the best family, I really do. I hope all of you had a great weekend and have a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment