Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Recap

Our first weekend of Fall festivities! It was a beautiful weekend, I am loving this cooler Fall weather. On Friday we didn't feel like doing anything after both of us had really hard weeks at work. We picked up dinner and just relaxed. Saturday morning we gave Ethan his first taste of food. We tried out oatmeal first. He didn't hate and he didn't love it.


After eating his oatmeal, we got him dressed and we headed out to go apple picking! I was so excited to bring Ethan for the first time. Last year we had just found out we were pregnant and he was a tiny little guy in my belly. We met up with Rich, Tif, Jacob and Makayla. We went to a new place this year because the place we've gone for the past two years wasn't letting you pick apples this year because they had a poor crop. We went to a small farm called Valley Orchard, it was really nice. We had fun picking apples and then we took some pictures and picked up some apple cider donuts in the store. 


















Saturday night we met back up with Rich, Tif and the kids at Flattop for dinner. It was yummy. After dinner we headed home and put Ethan to bed and just relaxed.

On Sunday we got up and went to breakfast and did our grocery shopping for the week. When we got home we gave Ethan his first taste of apples. He seemed to like it better than the oatmeal.



"Do I have something on  my face?"

I'm going to make sweet potatoes for Ethan this week and see how he likes those next. After we fed Ethan, it was nap time and I made a sub sandwich to bring to Rich and Tif's for football Sunday. We headed over there around noon to watch the games and hang out with the kids. Tif had brought Jacob to the Roselle Fire Department and he came home with a helmet. He put it on Ethan and he looked so cute and so did Jacob!



We had lunch, played with the kids and watched lots of football. We left after the afternoon game to get Ethan home for a nap. While Ethan was napping Michael and I peeled and chopped the apples we had picked on Saturday to make some crockpot applesauce (We just pureed apples for Ethan). 



The rest of Sunday, we relaxed, watched some football and I got things ready for the week. It was a great weekend. Next weekend we will be celebrating Michael's 30th birthday, I can't wait! I hope all of you had a great weekend and a good week ahead!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Ethan is just SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Ethan is getting sooo big! Your weekend looked like great fun! Looks like Michael and I must have birthdays near eachother I'm having my 30th birthday party this week spending this week getting organised too! Hope Michael enjoys his day too!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete