Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ethan's first trip to the pumpkin patch

Last Friday we made our annual trip to Goebbert's pumpkin patch. I remember going last year when I was newly pregnant and I just kept thinking about this year when we would have a baby with us this year. We were so excited to introduce Ethan to Goebbert's. I took almost 400 pictures that day, it was just hard to contain myself! I promise there won't be that many in my post!

It's one of our favorite places we visit this time of year. We had a pretty nice day, it started out a little chilly, but the sun warmed up pretty fast. We took some pictures while we were waiting for Rich, Tif, Jacob, Makayla, Ken and Ray and Sandi to get there.






Once everyone else got there, we headed to the Animal land first to feed the giraffes! Ethan was all decked out in his giraffe hat to meet his favorite animal (according to us!) for the first time! He didn't seem scared of the giraffes at all. I put carrots in his hand and the giraffes took the carrot from him, they are so gentle.








After we fed the giraffes, it was time to check out all of the other animals. Jacob took the slide down from the Giraffe deck and didn't like it too much because he got twisted on his way down. Ethan passed out at this point but Jacob had fun feeding all of the animals. It's fun to see what a big boy he is now, I can't believe this was his 3rd year at Goebbert's. Makayla got to see the animals too, but she was more interested in having fun with Mimi!








When we were done in all of the different animal tents, we came out at the perfect time. They were starting the pig races. We missed them last year so I was happy we timed it right this year. They had 3 separate races. The potbellied pigs int he last race were hilarious because they were so slow!




After the pig races we headed over to the other side of the farm for the corn maze and all of their photo props. We separated when we got in the corn maze and Rich, Tiff and Ray beat us out.



After the corn maze we walked through all of their awesome photo props and took lots of pictures!










My favorite pictures of the day were at this Winnie the Pooh display!




We had to get a cousins picture!









Can't wait until next year Goebberts!

After the pumpkin patch, Michael, Ethan and I went to Georgio's pizza. It's a new place we recently discovered and it's the best thin crust pizza I think I've had since I was a little kid! Ethan also sat in his high chair like a big boy!



1 comment: