Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a really nice low-key weekend. On Friday I got up and took down all of our Halloween decorations. I like to have a month break with everything looking clean and fresh before all of the Christmas decorating craziness happens!

I don't really have Thanksgiving decorations, but I put up my new chalkboard banner and wrote "Be Thankful" on it. I also swapped out our framed Fall Bucket List with a free printable I found on Pinterest that says, "Keep Calm and Gobble On!"


When Ethan woke up from his nap we headed to JoAnn to pick up some crafting supplies. I had a 25% off coupon so I went through my Pinterest boards and picked out a bunch of crafts I knew I wanted to make for Christmas. I wanted to have everything ready so I can work on Christmas crafts whenever I have time over the next month or so. I'll be sure to share which crafts I make in case you want to make some of your own! Ethan sat in the cart like a big boy for the first time and he loved it!


He loved sitting up and looking around at everything and anything. I picked up lots of craft goodies and we headed home. I had pinned this wreath right before leaving for JoAnn and picked up all of the supplies to make it. I couldn't resist working on a craft right away when we got home and Ethan took a nap so I got right to work. Meet Mr. Tom Turkey!


I think he came out really cute and it was really easy to make. Friday night we went out to dinner with Rich, Tif, the kids and Ken. We had fun hanging out and playing with the kids. We headed home when the kids were ready for bed.

On Saturday we got up, I made some breakfast and then we headed out to run some errands. We headed to Costco first to stock up on formula and some other items. Then we headed to Ace Hardware and then Hobby Lobby. I stocked up on some Christmas ribbon for our Christmas tree and some tins for Christmas cookies. We had lunch at Chick-fil-A and then headed home. Ethan and Michael took a little nap and I worked on a prop for Ethan's November photo shoot. Here's a sneak peek! I don't think you need too many chances to guess what this month's theme is!


Saturday night we went out for sushi for dinner at our favorite place. It was delicious as always.


After dinner we headed home, put little man to bed and just relaxed. 

On Sunday we were up pretty early because of the time change. We headed to breakfast at Great American Bagel and then grocery shopping. Ethan was in a cuddly mood at breakfast, he's so sweet.



The rest of Sunday we relaxed and watched football. Jacob wasn't feeling well so we couldn't do football with Rich, Tif and Ken. We also gave Ethan his first taste of sweet potatoes. He loved them! I'm glad we found something else he really likes besides bananas and pears! He was a mess since Daddy fed him. Daddy might have also painted Ethan with the sweet potatoes too, HA!


For Sunday dinner we defrosted some of the leftover ravioli meat mixture and made manicotti. It was delicious!



I hope all of you had a great weekend too! I'm hoping these next 2 weeks go by fast, I'm excited for a week off and Thanksgiving coming up!

2 comments:

  1. I love the turkey wreath!! Super cute!

    {I saw that sign on Pinterest too...Got it pinned!} haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O-M-G! I love the turkey wreath! You could sell those on Etsy! And I actually had no Thanksgiving Day decor either, but I picked some up at Hobby Lobby this past weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete