Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Weekend Recap

I'm a day late with this but I'm still recovering from an exhausting weekend. It started out just fine but ended with a trip to the emergency room on Sunday morning, but I'll get to that. Friday I had a great day just hanging out at home with Ethan. I also got started on a lot of craft projects for his 1st birthday party that is rapidly approaching during his nap time. I made 2 wreaths, a ribbon garland and a garland with his monthly photos. Everything is coming together, I think it's going to be really fun and full of Mickey!




Friday night we hung out at home and just relaxed which was nice. Michael and I both had crazy busy weeks at work so it was nice to take it easy. 

On Saturday we went to the doctor to have Ethan's ears checked because I noticed he was pulling and rubbing them on Friday. The doctor told us he did have a little fluid but they weren't infected so we thought we dodged the ear infection bullet. Spoiler alert: we were very wrong!


The rest of Saturday we just hung out, I took Ethan's 10 month pictures, which came out super cute. You'll see them next week! When I was setting up my photo background Porkchop decided he wanted his picture taken too, he's a nut!


Saturday night we met up with Michael's parents for dinner at a new sushi place called Sushi Mono in Wheaton. It was delicious, we will definitely be going back! Ethan had a blast and was all smiles!






We came home from dinner and put Ethan to bed. As we were getting ready for bed Ethan started crying and it quickly became screaming. It was so hard to get him to calm down which is not like him at all. We eventually did get him calmed down, put him back to bed but 30 minutes later he was up again. He was completely inconsolable. We couldn't figure out what was wrong and it was just so sad hearing him scream so hard. I was up with him literally all night long with no sleep. I was trying to wait it out until 7 am when our doctor's office opens for walk-in appointments but around 5:30 am he suddenly felt extremely hot. I took his temperature and it was 103 degrees. I couldn't wait anymore and we were on our way to the hospital. He had a 102.7 fever and both of his ears were infected. Literally less than 24 hours from going to get them checked, they were horribly red and infected. Luckily they gave him some ear drops to make the ear pain stop and he finally calmed down almost instantly. They gave him a fever reducer too. He was such a little trooper even though he was so sad and pathetic looking. The doctor and nurses were great with him. They gave us some prescriptions and we were on our way home by 7 am. When we got home I put Ethan down to sleep because he was so exhausted. After getting his medicine and a 3 hour nap it was like nothing had happened, he was my smiling, giggling, happy baby again!

"I went to the hospital and all I got was this gown!"

Michael and I were both a disaster because it had been 24 hours since we had slept. So Michael slept in the morning and then I slept when Ethan went down for his afternoon nap. It was definitely not the kind of excitement I wanted in our weekend, but I'm just happy my little boy is okay. He just has to be on medicine for 10 days and go get his ears checked again to make sure they are fully healed. My poor guy has had 4 ear infections and he's not even 10 months old. Both Michael and I had terrible ear infections as kids so it seems our little guy has inherited the same thing. We got some good tips from the doctor though to try and prevent them from happening as often, so hopefully that will work. 

So yeah, that was our weekend. Ethan couldn't even make it a year without going back to his birth hospital. Hopefully we don't have to go back ever again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment