Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend Recap - Part 1

I took hundreds of pictures this weekend so I'm going to split our weekend recap into 2 posts. Our weekend started on Friday since both Michael and I didn't work. It was so nice to have a fun family day. Michael and I woke up but Ethan was still sleeping so I made us French Toast for breakfast. After breakfast Michael and I got everything set up to decorate Easter eggs. Finally little man woke up so we fed him some breakfast and then got started decorating eggs!


This is what happens when Daddy feeds me yogurt!

Hmmm...what am I supposed to do with this?

This was about as much decorating Ethan did!

I think I'll just eat some yogurt melts



After Ethan was done with his breakfast, Michael and I got to work on our egg decorating! We used food coloring this year for color instead of the tablet kits, this way we could make what ever colors we wanted. We did a few test eggs to see where the color was and adjusted accordingly.


We also tried a few new decorating techniques that I had found a few weeks ago. We tried using rubber bands, stickers and markers this year. Everything worked great! I tried the rubber band technique and it worked well.



I think my favorite was the sticker technique. I made some cute heart sticker eggs that came out really cute. 




Michael decorated eggs with egg wraps, dye, markers and even mustaches!






Ethan started getting antsy so we let him down to crawl around while we finished decorating. He was all over the place!





Overall, our eggs came out great! It was fun to try some new things. Next year Ethan should be more interested in decorating eggs too!



After we were done decorating eggs it was time for Ethan's nap. When we woke up we decided we had to get outside because it was so nice out. It was almost 60 degrees! It's been so cold lately so we couldn't wait to get out. We headed to downtown Wheaton to have a picnic and walk around. We grabbed sandwiches at our favorite place, Shane's deli, and then went and sat at some picnic tables in a close by park. I got Ethan his first grilled cheese sandwich and he loved it; he ate the whole thing except for the crust! It was just so nice to be outside. After lunch we just walked around downtown to get some exercise and enjoy the sunshine and warm weather!



After our walk, we stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner and headed home. Then it was nap time for everyone! After our naps I worked on getting our deck all set up for Summer.


I got all of our furniture arranged after being undercover for the past 5 months. It's so nice to have our deck back in business, we love sitting out there. For dinner we had to grill so Michael grilled us some yummy burgers. The rest of the night we just relaxed and watched the Hawks game, which ended up being anything but relaxing! 

On Saturday I had plans to do some Easter baking and crafts. I traced Ethan's hands and made a cute Easter chick craft! I made one for us and one for each set of grandparents.


I also worked on some Easter baking. I made chocolate cupcakes and some cute marshmallow flowers to decorate them with. I wasn't going to make my frosting until Easter morning so it was fresh.  


The rest of Saturday we had lots of play time with Ethan and I also did his 11 month photo shoot, which came out really cute! I made some yummy egg salad for lunch from our pretty decorated eggs. 

For dinner we went to our favorite pizza place Georgio's and it was delicious as always. We came home, relaxed, and got some play time in before Ethan had to go bed. After he went to bed I got Ethan's Easter basket all set up and ready to go for morning. We couldn't wait to see him open everything up!

Part 2: Easter Day coming tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment