Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Weekend Recap

We had a great family-filled weekend! On Friday I was off and I headed to drop off Ethan at my parents for my Dad to watch him for a few hours. I went to my Aunt and Uncle's to help them get a blog set up for their business. After we finished I headed back to my parents to wait for Ethan to wake up from his nap and then I headed home. When I got home I was so excited to see that Michael and his Dad had been hard at work installing my desk! It's almost complete. They just have to install the counter top and some trim and it should be ready to go. I can't wait to fill all these cabinets and drawers with all of my craft goodies.



Friday night we went to Michael's parents house to celebrate Michael's Grandma's 92 birthday. They ordered in some Chinese food for dinner and after dinner we headed outside to play with the kids. It was a beautiful night and the kids had a ball.








Then it was time to sing happy birthday to Grandma and Jacob got one last birthday wish in, even Makayla got a practice wish for her upcoming birthday in September!







After cake it was time to head home since it was already past Ethan's bedtime. We brought Ethan home, put him to bed and then just relaxed before calling it a night.

On Saturday we just hung out in the morning and played with Ethan. He is just so much fun, I can't stand it!




While Ethan took his morning nap, I put together a bunch of organizing items I bought for my desk and put together my new desk chair. 


When Ethan woke up we headed out to lunch and then to get a new mattress. Our mattress has been getting worse and worse over the past year so it was time. We found one we liked and luckily it will be delivered on Friday, I can't wait. Saturday night we just hung out at home. We made appetizers for dinner while we watched the Blackhawks game. 


The game was so stressful and unfortunately we lost, which sucked. It's going to be a really long series!

Sunday was of course Father's Day and we had a full day planned. Sunday morning I made Michael a "Super Dad"breakfast, his favorite, French Toast. 




After breakfast it was time for presents! 












After breakfast it was time to get ready. Both Michael and Ethan needed haircuts so it was off to Daddy's barbershop! Then it was bath time and nap time for Ethan so Mama could get ready.




After Ethan woke up it was time to get everyone ready and take some family pictures. My men looked so dapper!









Looks a little bit different from last year!




After pictures it was time to head to the race track. This was our fourth year going to Arlington and we were so lucky to have another beautiful day. We had great seats in the shade and it was just a fun day. Ethan did well and had fun watching the horses. 















Ethan got a little cranky during the time he was supposed to nap so I walked him around and he fell asleep for a little while.


When he woke up we watched one more race, took one more family picture and called it a day.


Last year


On our way home we stopped at Whole Foods to get some steaks for dinner and then headed home. We had steak, grilled zucchini and biscuits for dinner. It was super yummy. The rest of the night we just relaxed and watched some tv. I hope all of you had a great weekend and Father's Day and have a good week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment