Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Fall Craft Friday #2: Fall Tree Sponge Painting


Time for another Friday Fall craft! I found this picture on Pinterest of painting a Fall tree using corks. I thought it was a really great idea but I didn't have any corks since we don't drink wine. Instead I found some circle sponges we used for another project and they worked great.


I started with a 12x12 piece of white cardstock and an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of brown construction paper to make the tree trunk and branches. I just drew a tree, cut it out and glued it on the cardstock to make Ethan's "canvas". 



Then I just put some fall colored paints on a plate and let Ethan go at it. This was the first time he ever painted all on his own and he loved it! He was going to town, I was really impressed how well he did. It was even better because he had so much fun doing it too. I see more painting projects in our future!











And the finished product, I think it's quite the masterpiece!

1 comment: