Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

31 Days of Halloween: Day 29 - Our Halloween Traditions


We have always loved Halloween and then when we had Ethan, our love for the holiday has only grown. It's so much fun to introduce Ethan to our family traditions and create new ones. These are the traditions we have created for our family for Halloween.

1. Decorating for Halloween

It was so fun decorating the house for Halloween this year. Ethan was so little last year so I know he didn't remember the house being all decked out, but this year he was so excited about the decorations and he even wanted to help! He helped me put the ornaments on the Halloween tree and was so proud of himself. 

2. Going to the pumpkin patch

Going to Goebbert's is one of the things I look forward to all year long. We've been going there for 7 years now and we love it. It's been so fun introducing Ethan to it too. He had so much fun there this year and I know every year he will grow to love going there just like we do.

3. Halloween Crafts




I've had so much fun doing weekly crafts with Ethan and the best part is I know he's loved doing it too!

4. Halloween Books

After doing the 25 books of Christmas for Ethan last year and seeing how much he loves his books, I knew this would be perfect for Ethan. He loves reading all of his Halloween books and it will be fun to re-read them every year and add some new ones to the collection. 

5. Halloween treats for school

Last year I didn't make any treats for Ethan's daycare since he was so little, but now that he can partake in the candy treats this year, I wanted to make something special for his teachers and classmates. I made these candy bar wrappers and it will be fun to come up with something new each year.

6. Carve/Decorate Pumpkins



It was so fun having Ethan be able to participate this year in decorating our pumpkins. I don't think he'll be carving for a while, but it will be fun to come up with new ideas to decorate Ethan's pumpkin each year with whatever he is into at the time.

7. Glass Pumpkin Patch


This year was the first time we went to the Morton Arboretum glass pumpkin patch and it was amazing. Even though it was fiercely competitive we still got the pumpkin we wanted and we love it. I hope we can make it an annual tradition of going to pick out a glass pumpkin for our own collection.

8. Trick-or-Treating


Of course no Halloween tradition list would be complete without trick-or-treating! I'm so excited to see how Ethan will do this year now that he's walking, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment